JFYNet Partner School Spotlight – Doing Great Things September 2018

JFY Partner School Spotlight

Sometimes We Need to Be Reminded…
… that our schools are full of great kids, hard-working and creative teachers, overworked and underappreciated administrators, and effective programs.

Read more about some of these outstanding people, schools and communities in our series: Spotlighting JFYNetWorks Partner Schools… September 2018 edition.

Lt. Gov. Karyn Polito congratulates Holyoke High School

Student ‘pioneers’ enrolled in early college program

Lt. Gov. Karyn Polito met and congratulated Holyoke High School students enrolled in a statewide early college program, calling them “pioneers” who are opening pathways for all students, regardless of income. Read more.

Source: MassLive.com

Eastie’s Jessica McHugh Wins Massport’s Donna Rauseo Scholarship

Strong commitment to helping those in the East Boston community

“We are so excited to award Jessica with the Donna Rauseo Memorial Scholarship,” said Massport CEO Thomas P. Glynn. “She has shown a strong commitment to helping those in the East Boston community and has followed Donna’s example through her service. Read more.

Source: EastieTimes.com

Greater Lowell Tech freshmen learn ‘Healthy Lifestyle’

Summer Service Learning Program

This year, the Summer Service Learning Program was thematically focused on “Living a Healthy Lifestyle.” Throughout the three-week program, students participated in numerous field trips and volunteering sessions in the community. Read more.

Source: LowellSun.com

North Quincy High School Alums… still at it

Helping kids with cancer to vacation on the Cape

Members of North Quincy High School’s class of 1986 are coming together to support a nonprofit organization working to renovate a Falmouth inn so it can be used to give children fighting cancer a place to be with family and friends. Read more.

NBA’s J.J. Barea speaks to Holyoke High about his Career On and Off the Court

Let your spirit soar

Barea told Holyoke High, “It wasn’t easy. The journey’s been hard and I almost gave up many, many times. I’ve experienced a lot of band-aids…turnovers…missed shots, but through it all I always tried to remain positive.” He encouraged Holyoke High students to always put 100% into everything that they do and to not let setbacks make them lose their spirit and convince them to throw in the towel. Read more.